söndag 2 september 2012

First

Changes are important. Right now I am sitting on floor 2 with two of my new friends here. I realized that my english accent is enhanced when spending time with brits and I kind of like that. Suzie is a swed from Gothenborg, most students from Sweden are which kind of makes me feel alone in the world but what can you do? Something people need to know but choose to ignore is that Life is meant to be spent alone. Or no, Life is spent alone by default but it would be easier if you weren't alone. I moved from my home, from my parents, siblings. Basically from my life but as my father said(rough translation from Swedish to English): "This is a necessary step in life, towards something new so that you wont be stuck in the same pattern for the rest of your life. Because that isn't to live.". It doesn't mean that it isn't depressing I mean who would be compleatly fine after abruptly leave everything behind and just start over? (Rethorical question people, I know.) I have always had a good life, got what I need, want and more but to live a lifestyle like that isn't good for your own pride. I would never be able to do that. The result? I moved to Lithuania to study medicine. The town is called Kaunas, things are so fucking cheap here it's crazy, the people are rude and angry, you have to wait atleast 20 minutes for the food to arrive and the buildings are half-falling apart... But you know what? I'm okay with that. With cheap things I can save money, with rude people I can learn how to be careful and with the half-falling buildings, well let's just say that I will learn how to appreciate the inside(?), maybe. Tomorrow is the introduction day and the day after that the real fun will begin, we'll see how everything works out. Have a nice time with whatever you do. -Melancholia

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar