For the first time in one and a half weeks I am doing... nothing. Absolutely nothing, or I was as I am now writing this post. This years Nobel Prize winner in Literature has been revealed and it is the Great
Man Yo. I started reading him two years ago, in my top ten authors he ranks at a sold 3rd place. A great honour, Lewar's list of authors.... yeah not so much. My favorite book of his must be "Life and Death are Wearing Me Out" or in chinese "生死疲劳" now if this is wrong don't sue me, I copied it from wikipedia, heh. A great read, especially when you want to escape studying, just say/think: "Oh yeah, he just won the Nobel Prize I should read a book of his just to keep me updated about the happenings in the world.".... well if you haven't read him that is. But there is something that has been bugging me, Man Yo is my second runner up but the fact is that I was hoping and wishing that my first place would win this year. God (or whatever you believe in it is your right to choose)knows he deserves it!
Haruki Murakami. For those of you who know me should or know this, I Love His Novels. I have this view on life that exaggeration is stupid, of course it sometimes it happens to me as well but I try hard to not do that (with Batman on the otherhand things can go overboard and voila you get two dramaqueens :$), which is why when I say Love I mean Love. Kafka on the Shore Dance Dance Dance, Norwegian wood, 1Q84, After Dark etc... All of them! There isn't a book of his which I have read that I have not loved. He is one of the main reasons for me wanting to learn japanese, so that I can read his original words (I know I know, it will take years for me to learn how to read fluently but I will still learn). No matter how good I think Man Yo is, Haruki Murakami is and will always be my first choice, because there is no other that have touched me with his/her story, charcters, style of writing, with a Book in short, like he has.
List of Authors By Lewar A:
- Haruki Murakami
- Terry Goodkind
- Man Yo
- Shakespeare
- Charles Dickens
- Jane Austen
- Toni Morrison
- George RR Martin
- Nathaniel West
- Thomas Mann
There you have it Hope You Enjoy the rest of the day, I know I will... Probably going to start on the third novel of 1Q84 as I now have time!
-Reading
Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar